Non-Resident Nepali Identity Card
The Non Resident Nepalese (NRNs) residing in the United States of America and in the countries accredited by this Consulate can apply to the Consulate General of Nepal, New York to obtain the NRN ID cards. They can also apply to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kathmandu for their NRN ID.
The NRNs willing to obtain NRN ID cards have to register their names by providing their detail information as prescribed in the NRN registration application form. The NRN registration application form can also be used for NRN ID card application. The application forms for Non Resident Nepalese and Nepalese Citizens Residing Abroad are available online to download.
How to apply for NRN ID cards?
- Download and fill the application form completely for Non Resident Nepalese and Nepalese Citizens Residing Abroad (there are two pages in PDF form) and sign it.
- Verify the printed.
- Mail the signed application form together with the copies of documents listed below:
- Proof of Nepalese Citizenship renouncement, if renounced.
- US Naturalization Certificate.
- US Passport.
- Nepalese Citizenship Certificate.
- Parent’s Citizenship Certificate.
- Documentary proof of business, occupation or employment in the country of residence.
- Enclose four (2 Auto size plus 2 Passport size) photographs and a paid return envelope with proper address to mail back the ID to your address.
- Enclose money order/Cashier check (US $500.00 for NRN ID plus $20.00 for Registration) payable to the Consulate General of Nepal, New York.
Cash/Credit or Debit card/Personal check are not accepted