Power of Attorney

Nepalese nationals residing only Tri-state(New York, New Jersey and Connecticut) areas  requesting for certification of the Power of Attorney must come in person with an appointment at the Consulate and should affix fingerprints and signature before Consul General/Consul. It is mandatory to come in person for the certification of Power of Attorney. Notarized Power of Attorney will not be entertained.

For other 47 States: please kindly contact our Embassy in Washington DC, You may visit the link or website: http://www.nepalembassyusa.org/power-of-attorney/ (www.nepalembassyusa.org)

 Please bring along with you the following documents;

  1. An already prepared document of Power of Attorney (must be written in the Nepali paper that is used at the courts of law in Nepal and be prepared in the format prescribed by Muluki Ain, 2020).
  2. An application form with two photographs each of an applicant and a person on whom the authority is being conferred.
  3. Copy of Citizenship Certificate of both the applicant and the person to whom the authority is being conferred.
  4. A copy of applicant’s passport (page 1, 2 and 3)
  5. Applicant (intending to sell land registered in their names by giving Power of Attorney) should submit a copy of Land Ownership Certificate (Jagga Dhani Purja or Lal Purja) and Marriage Certificate or Divorce paper issued by the Court in case of divorce.
  6. A Money Order of $ 200.00 payable to the Consulate General of Nepal. Personal Check and cash will not be accepted.